Saturday, March 14, 2009

Product Review: Gluten Free Muffins

Product Review: Gluten Free Muffins by Gluten Free Pantry

My friend Susan brought some of these gluten free muffins to the park the other day. They were absolutely delicious. I could not tell the difference between these and any other blueberry muffins at first, then I realize the only difference was that these did not leave that sugary aftertaste in my mouth the way other products tend to. They were fantastic. She told me I could find them at wal-mart in the baking isle where you find the cake, cookie, and muffin mixes. It's a very plain looking box called Muffin Mix (light and fluffy) by Gluten Free Pantry. After researching the product, I found that the product is packaged for wal-mart and it looks like this:


You can also find the product online through www.glutenfree.com but the packaging is different although it is the same exact product and it costs a bit more by a dollar or two online. It looks like this:



Here are the muffins I made this morning:










The box shows blueberry muffins in the picture but the box does not include blueberries. The mix only makes plain muffins so you can add whatever fruit or nut that you want. The box says it makes 12-15 muffins but once you add some plump, ripe blueberries, the mix goes a little farther. I made 24 mini muffins and 7 regular sized muffins.

This product gets an A+ in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment